Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy Late New Year 1/5/2015

Well..... it feels like the last time I talked to y'all was last year!!

Haha anyway, I hope y'all are doing well and I am super excited to see you guys. I still can't believe it. Here is a few things that happened this week:

We helped a guy get his diesel truck running, we helped push a truck out of the snow, got chased by some dogs, got a flat in our tire, had 9 am church instead of 1 pm church for the new year, helped the greens put away christmas decorations, had some appointments fall through, and did some tracting. Haha it was a pretty good week. 

I am excited to try to do some family prayer, scripture study, and fhe when we are all together again. I am excited to do it again as a family. 

My mission has been hard and great all at the same time. I feel like I have learned a lot from the ups and the downs. The Lord has been very merciful to me. I'm grateful I could get to know Him just a little bit better. I am grateful that I can be forgiven for my sins. They are many and I sin everyday, but I am grateful for the chance to repent every day and the love He has had for me. I think I have come to find great power in pray and scripture study. It gives me strength beyond my own. When fear or depression sink in, the hope and power of God's light casts it all out and brings a peace to my heart only God can give. It is all about Him. Coming home, I don't want you to think I am perfect, because I definitely am not anywhere close to that, but I am trying to live following Jesus Christ, with a whole lot to improve on and a whole lot to learn. I am excited to strive to work towards following Christ together. That is what families are for. To love and care and support and guide and strengthen. These are all things y'all have done for me, for which I am very grateful for. I love all of you. I want the best for you. I want you to be happy. You are there for me and I am there for you. And Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are there for all of us. Keep on keepin' on. I hope y'all have a fantastic week. I am excited to see all of you next week. Talk to you all soon. 

Love, Elder Scott Krstyen

On a cool side note, they just linked some of the Joseph Smith Papers to family search and now you can see some of the old papers from the church that include our ancestors in them. Edmund Durfee has a ton for him and also John Fullmer. Here is the link for one to Edmund Durfee: http://josephsmithpapers.org/paperSummary/minute-book-2?p=12

1 comment: