Monday, September 8, 2014

Elder Holland!! 9/8/2014

Heya Family,

So when I was typing in the email addresses at the top I started typing Aiden... haha pretty funny. So I got my new companion, Elder Stoutenburg, he is from up in Wyoming and he grew up on a ranch. He is a pretty good guy. 

That property is gonna be a ton of fun and of course I will help you out with it! I am excited to work on it with yall. 

So the meetings with Elder Holland were awesome. It sounds like you guys had an awesome regional conference too. The first meeting we had was Saturday night with all the missionaries and all the prospective missionaries. Elder Holland talked about many different things so my thoughts might be drifting quite a bit. There was a musical number before he started speaking that was beautiful. He got up and said something like, "it is said a lot that the church needs great music, and more of it and great talking, and less of it." He recounted how many yrs, months and days it had been since his mission. Then said how it meant everything to him, how it was a great time of his life. Then with a lot of his heart he said, and I want it to be the same for all of you. I want you to look back 50 yrs from your mission and remember how great it was. Remember all you learned who you become because of it. He talked about not missing your mission. He talked about being the missionary your little siblings or your niece and your nephew think you are. He talked about how no one really knows what a mission is like unless you serve one. And I can agree to that, I had no idea what a mission was like until I got out here and I am still learning what it is like. And then he talked about astonishing people with the gospel and he shared different experiences in the Book of Mormon. He talked about so many different things I can't remember it all off the top of my head, but I do remember how I felt there. 

The next day he talked about Acts Chapter 3. He said he didn't know why but he felt like he should share this story. The story he shared is the account of peter and john i believe as they went to go to the temple. There was a begger on the side near the entrance who asked for an alm, just a little money but as the record goes the man was healed by peter. This man went abroad glorifying god and telling of the great miracle that came to him. 2 lessons, you cant deny the evidence and in this church, the church of Jesus Christ you get a lot more than you bargained for. the man thought he would get a few coins, he probably never thought he would be healed. We might think we are only going to get a little from the gospel, but the Lord gives to us what we hadn't even thought of. 

I wish I had more time to write, but I love yall and hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Krstyen

ps did you guys get the package I sent with all the p90x dvds and other stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment