Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy Saint Patty's Day! 3/17/2014

Heya Family, Pday has been good so far we got a haircut, we get them free in farmington which is nice, and now we are just emailing. Elder Short's mom sent some saint pattys ties so me and him are rocking some matching patty ties. We are emailing at the college and already got some comments on them. :) 

This week was a long but good week. Many ups and downs but overall pretty good. We definitely had some interesting experiences. We found three new investigators and have started teaching them. Some of them seem like they really want to learn so I was pretty excited about that. 

This week we were tracking on day and we came to the trailer of an older man and women. The man told us to talk to her wife, which we did. We found out quickly she definitely didn't like the church. She went off about many things. One of the things she said with disgust and utter contempt was, "I don't believe in the celestial kingdom. In the bible it teaches only of a heaven and a hell." These moments are always interesting as missionaries because obviously they aren't interested, but the question is should we say something or not say anything. Sometimes we don't and sometimes we do and sometimes it is hard to tell when we should. We didn't say anything, but looking back I kinda wish we did, not to argue but just to stand up for what I believe. I am guessing that most people, when they hear that we believe in 3 kingdoms of glory: celestial, terrestrial, and telestial, they must think that we get that from the BoM. That teaching isn't found in the bom, the only thing that could relate to that teaching in the book of mormon is the differing times of ressurection. But we find the teaching of three kingdoms of glory in the Bible and the Doctrine and Covenants, which explains those kingdoms in greater detail.

 2nd Corinthians 12:2 " aI knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the bbody, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the cthird dheaven."  Usually if there is a third heaven, there is a first and second as well. This teaching is found right in the bible.
1 Corinthians 15:4040 aThere are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the bcelestial is one, and the glory of the cterrestrial isanother.
 41 There is one glory of the asun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the bstars: for one star cdiffereth fromanother star in dglory 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown inacorruption; it is raised in incorruption: "   This sctripture talks of the differing glory of bodies at the time of the ressurection. Celestial is the glory of the sun, terrestrial is the glory of the stars, and for the stars as revealed telestial. 
So it is hard because sometimes I want to say something, but it usually does no good. And if I did say something I wouldn't ask them to take my word for it, but I would ask them to pray and ask God if it were true. This event kinda lead into the next day when we were tracking and came to a home where a man answered and said they were doing a bible study and invited us in. I was pretty excited for it. We walked in, 3 men sitting at the table and he told us he was Jehovah's Witness. Instead of doing a bible study one of the men started trying to bash in a way, he was super kind and all but it was quite obvious what his intentions were. Usually we wouldn't have even tried to argue, but we decided to stand up for what we believe, especially after what had happened the day before. These last 2 transfers I have learned more about the scriptures than ever before on my mission and elder short knows the scriptures pretty well. So the man pulled out scriptures and we pulled out scriptures. It went a long time and as always it went no where. I guess I learned from that experience even more that arguing goes no where. But that was my experience this past week. 
Tell Grandma that I say happy birthday!!! I hope you guys are all doing well. Besides that this week went by just as usually, I made some brownies and cookies this week so that was a nice treat. Transfers are coming up this next week but I am guessing I'll be staying here with Elder Short. I really hope I stay, because I like this area and I really like serving with elder short. 

Love you guys! Have a great week!
Elder Krstyen
Lol sorry bout the changes in font size haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment