Monday, January 20, 2014

Dad Happy Birthday!!!! 1/20/2014


Hey family,
 
Happy Birthday Dad! This week was a pretty good week. Had a good pday, Tuesday we had zone conference in Farmington with a bunch of missionaries, wed had a good meeting with one of the couples that we meet with. We were planning on inviting him to be baptized, and so we started talking about baptism and then he was like, I want to be baptized when is your next baptismal service. Haha he basically put himself on date. They totally didn't come to church though, but no worries there. We were going through our former investigators trying to contact some of them and ending up coming to a home and knocked on the door. A lady answered and told us she was going to chop some wood. She had been in a car accident a year or so ago and chopping wood was hard for her, but she has to do it because she has three young kids. So we went out that day and helped chop some of the wood for them. That was Friday and then we went back on Saturday and brought a changed of clothes and chopped a whole ton of wood. She has two sons and we ended up playing basketball with them for awhile. This family is wonderful. They really don't have that much, but they are one of the kindest families I have met out here. That made my day on Saturday. After we left that home, we got back in the truck (we have a white Toyota Tacoma) and we had a missed call from bishop. We called back and he asked me if I would give a talk on sunday on service and do it out of the For the Strength of Youth Pamphlet. I said I would. I thought maybe I would just kinda be a fill in speaker, so I didn't worry about it too much. Oh and I thought I had one of those pamphlets back home. So the night went on, we got back home, and I looked for the pamphlet but totally couldn't find it, but I was super tired so I just ended up going to bed haha. Woke up the next morning late and hurried to church for meetings and still needed to find one of those pamphlets. You know how sometimes people leave their things out by the coat racks? Someone had left one out there. Needless to say I found out I was the last speaker in sacrament meeting, I had only written down a few scriptures and though about a couple ideas and wrote them down. Haha it was a fail on my part. I got up and was pretty nervous the whole first part, but things ended up going alright towards the end. It wasn't too bad haha.
 
Well I love you guys. Best of luck with work school and family!  hope you have a great birthday pops!! Love you guys! Talk to you next week!
 
Elder Scott Krstyen

No comments:

Post a Comment