Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving! 12/2/2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I hope all of you were stuffed. 

Thank you so much for the packages!! They are awesome and I am grateful for them. On a mission a package or a letter are amazing. Thanks for all you do for me. 

On thanksgiving we went to 4 different places. (The people around here are very kind) We dinner at 2 of them and desert at two of them. It was delicious. I miss you guys a ton though. Just the holiday season makes me think of you guys and all the fun times. (Even though probably most of the thanksgivings I was at a soccer tourny haha but those were good times too) It'lll be sweet to talk to you on Christmas day. I hope the holidays are great for you and aren't to crazy either! 

Yesterday at dinner we helped a family put up their christmas tree, just like old times! Have you guys put up the tree yet or is that a work in progress? I am also excited for Christmas to see all the presents Santa brings me, it'll be good :) . 

A cool experience this week was a lesson we had with a family up here. We walked up onto crouch mesa to go to an appointment. It was on the otherside of the mesa so it took us almost 45 minutes to get there. We got there and taught this family about the Plan of Salvation. They had a lot of questions, but it really went well. Haha I don't know how to describe it, you just would of had to be there. The Plan of Salvation just really can bring a lot more peace and purpose into our lives. I teach these lessons and some I have taught multiple times, but there is something new you always learn it seems. Something that sticks out more to you or touches you more powerfully. The scriptures are the same way. Sometimes I catch myself thinking, oh I have read this a bunch and there isn't anything else I can learn from it. Yep... I am starting to think that is not true at all. In the scriptures, the doctrine, the hymns, there is always more to learn. The Holy Ghost can help us learn or realize just what we need when we need it, if we just have the faith to pray for guidance, open the scriptures and look inside, and patiently continue onward doing what is right, and then in God's own way and time He will answer us. I really believe that. Haha sometimes it is just harder to put into action, at least in my life that is.

None of the people we are teaching made it out to church this week. They are just missing out on some good blessings. Sitting there in Sacrament I had a realization personally. I had heard this before. I knew it, but this time I understood it better. I was thinking about change. We can always change. Whenever I think, "I can't do this or that" or "I am just this way" or basically whenever I say I can't change, that something about me is set in stone. I really am limiting myself. We should try to change those thoughts into "I can" I can try" Things maybe were a way in the past but they don't need to be that way in the future. The adversary would have us define ourselves by our sins.... and quite frankly the only way we can define ourselves is as Son's and Daughter's of God. And with that definition our potential is unlimited. Change is always possible. Especially with the Atonement! I love you guys and hope you have a great week! Hopefully that last part made sense! Love You!!

Elder Krstyen

No comments:

Post a Comment