Monday, November 11, 2013

Transfer Week 11/11/2013


Hey Family,
 
Just the start of my second week in Flora Vista. It is a good place with a good ward. I will have to take pictures of our home to show to you guys, it is pretty sweet, cottage little home thing. The first few nights here it was pretty cold at night but I got a bunch of blankets from the zone leaders and the heater is going so it is really good now. The members feed us a lot here and for breakfast and lunch we usually cook for ourselves and I usually have either oatmeal or pasta or pb and j sandwiches, and sometimes other stuff as well. We have some mice haha so we are getting some mouse traps today.
 
In the Flora Vista ward we are also singing in the choir to help out there, (I am not sure how good of help I am because I am not to good at singing haha), and also we are singing in a basically stake/community choir (the Stake President here wanted the missionaires to participate in it) and we are doing some songs from Handel's Messiah. It is a good experience, and hopefully we can also meet some new people there as well.
 
This week we had some awesome lessons on the Atonement. We also watched a video of a talk by Elder Eyring and Elder Holland. This is Elder Hollands talk to mission presidents. He says something along these lines... "On occassion your missionaries will have the chance to ask, why is this so hard?" I think that really applies to all of us in life, why is this so hard?... He talks about how this isn't church doctrine or anything but just his personal opinion and says, "Because salvation is not a cheap experience." It was never easy for the Savior so why would it be super easy for us if we really profess to be disciples of Christ. Elder Holland talks about how, in a way, the Savior asked that a long time ago when he said, "Father, if thou be willing remove this cup from me, but nevertheless not my will but thine be done." Life may, at times, be hard but the Savior and His Atonement can heal and lift and inspire through anytime. It just helps me remember that when I say, "Why is this so hard?", I can remember that the Savior knows exactly how I feel and how to help me through the trials of life. This really is Jesus Christ's church. His love is real.
 
I am super sorry I can't write all of you back. Thanks for all the great emails. I enjoyed all of them. I hope you have a fantastic week.
 
Love Elder Scott Krstyen

No comments:

Post a Comment