Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween 11/4/2013


Hey family,
 
So this week was a crazy week to say the least, but a good one. The church had a halloween party, trunk or treat type of thing and that went really well. There was a ton of people there. It included all the three wards that go to that church, Aztec 1st and 2nd and Flora Vista. We tried to go out and visit people for most of that day but I think or one or so people opened the door. Aztec 1st is a great place with a great ward as well. About halfway through the week as I was talking to President Batt he asked if i would transfer over to the Flora Vista ward. One of the Elders there, who is an amazing Elder and a great person as well, had some heart problems and ended up having to go up to Salt Lake to figure everything out. I think he is doing alright, I am sad that he had to go though. So I ended up getting transfered over to Flora Vista with Elder Chipman on Friday. Elder Chipman is from West Jordan so not too far from home. He played soccer in highschool, he is pretty awesome, and he is a marine as well. He is a great missionary. We live in a small sorta side home thing. It is a good place. It was weird to see everyone else from the other ward at church. Flora Vista has a great ward and a pretty good area. Hopefully some good things happen here. On a side note, I am excited for the November issue of the Ensign to come out so I can read all the General Conference talks.
This week we watched "On the Lord's Errand." It is a movie that talks about the life of President Monson. It is inspiring, I would suggest that if you haven't seen it that you should. One of the main messages that really struck me was how when President Monson received a prompting from the Spirit he would act on it. I want to try to become that way. To listen to the Spirit and act on the promptings I receive.
Well family I hope you had a great halloween and are doing well! I will talk to you later! Have a great week!
 
Elder Krstyen

No comments:

Post a Comment