Monday, October 7, 2013

General Conference! 10/7/2013


General Conference was pretty exciting this weekend. I tried to take some good notes on it. Usually I take "Large Plate" notes instead of "Small Plate" notes. Usually I try to write down everything they say but this time I tried to write done what I learned or what came to my mind. Even as I wrote down my thoughts when I listened to Elder Bednars talk on tithing, thoughts pertaining to me personally and nothing really to tithing came to my mind. Those thoughts were some things I needed to understand and realize personally. They had nothing to do with tithing. I feel like that is just another example of how when we ask for revelation or answers from God we usually don't receive that answer when we are kneeling but rather when we are acting. I received some of those ideas as I exercised my faith to take notes on Elder Bednar's talk, and it was while I was acting that the answers seemed to come.
It is the same as when I first feel like I received a witness that the Book of Mormon was something good. In Junior High I would read it every once in a while. I wasn't very consistent, but when times got hard when I was in Junior High, I would read a little out of the scriptures and I found comfort. I remember one day along the line that I felt that the Book of Mormon was something good. It came as I read it, I realized that my testimony of the Book of Mormon had slowly been growing inside me all the time and now I finally realized that it was a true, good book. Testimony comes in action. (John 7:17)
I think sometimes in my emails I try to make myself look super spiritual or better than I am. I am nothing. I am not very spiritual. I am sorry if all my emails look really prideful. Sometimes I feel that way and I don't want it to be that way. I am trying to not share these things to try to impress all of you but I am trying to share them with all of you that maybe it will help one of you in some way. Sometimes I feel like many things I say are to be seen of other people, and that is pride. I don't want to be that way anymore. These things are just some things I have learned. I have a lot of weaknesses and struggles, but what matters more than all that is Jesus Christ. He matters.
I love all of you guys. I hope that you all received something from General Conference that can help you. If you didn't yet go back again and listen and find what God wants you to hear. That is what I am going to do. Hear it and then do it. Have a great week!
 
Skat Krstyen

No comments:

Post a Comment