Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Independence Day! 7/9/2013

Hmmm it seems like just yesterday I was with the scouts lifting the flag up at the church. Haha times flies by.
How are you guys? This week has been a pretty crazy week. Lots has happened. On P Days usually we go and email at the community center and then we try to get out and do stuff. We have done a lot of hiking. This morning we actually went over to upper antelope canyon and had a tour there. It was beautiful! The other people with us were actually from the Czech Republic so I was talking to them a little as well. We usual try to go out and hike because it is beautiful here and super hot. We usually go to Walmart and then play basketball or soccer.
Well this week we had a bike crash. It rained a little bit after church and my companion turned a little bit too fast and slid out and crashed... He was alright just a little bruised but we decided to keep going to our appointment and the appointment went well.
This Saturday is also transfer news day, so we will see what happens. More than likely I will be staying here but I guess anything can happen.
On the fourth we really didn't do too much but it was a fun day! In the morning we went to an a Museum type place where this man talked about the Native American traditions and also about the culture as well. He taught us about the Hogans too. Pretty awesome stuff. That was an awesome experience! Then at night we sat at our house and watched the firework show, which was pretty good as well. Then this past friday we had a zone conference as well.
We had some really cool experiences this week. We had three lessons with an awesome family . I really felt the Spirit as we talked about the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation. We also taught another part member family (where the nonmember is traditional), who I honestly thought at first was not very interested, but as we spoke about the Book of Mormon, the husband said that the traditions had been good for his family. That they had helped him and them, and that if this book helped his family as he read and prayed about it that help would continue to read it and search. I know if he does read it and pray about it, that it will help him and his family. I feel grateful that I am able to serve with the Native Americans. There is a ton of great people here. They have such great faith. The Book of Mormon is about a lot of their ancestors from way long ago. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I am learning a lot from it and a lot from just being out here doing this work. More than I could have ever imagined.
One thing I heard recently from a good friend has been on my mind. This is the Lords work. (I believe Elder Bednar said this.. but I am not quite sure) So get out of the way. Honestly sometimes I feel like my own stubberness and pride blocks the work that could be done here. Sometimes I think I have the "right" way or the answers when in all reality... He has all the answers. This is His work. He knows what to do. He knows what needs to be done. I believe this applies in all the callings that we have and even in our day to day lives. We need to "get out of the way." We need to be more like the Savior who said, "Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me, but nevertheless Not My Will But Thine Be Done." Heavenly Father and His Son will help us, but it takes the humility to allow them to help to start the change happening. I know that this is true. This is His work and He will help me to do it the way it should be done, the way He wants me to do it. I still have a lot to learn and a lot to overcome, but it all begins with obedience.
Love you family! I hope things are going well. Just remember that by "small and simple things are great things brought to pass," especially in this great work. Talk to you next week!!
 
Elder Krstyen

No comments:

Post a Comment