Monday, June 24, 2013

Over 70,000 missionaries?! 6/24/2013

Hey family!
 
Were you all able to see the missionary broadcast? It was pretty awesome. I really enjoyed the things that were said and how the work is hastening. It is amazing to hear that there are over 70,000 missionaries. That is a great blessing in this day.
 
So a little more info about Page for mom. We bike a lot haha and it is pretty tiring. I never imagined myself biking around in 100 degree weather in a suit (on sunday to church). We work a lot in a mobile home park and also in apartments by them. Lots of good people here. One of the lds churches we go to is on curve that I think might have 8-10 churches on it all in a row haha. You could probably look it up on google maps or something, but we always refer to that road when we talk about the Great apostasy and why there are so many different churches. There are five wards here. Sisters cover two wards, we cover two, and two other elders cover the last one. 
 
This week has been pretty exciting. We had some awesome speakers in our wards yesterday. In one ward a return missionary shared his testimony on fasting and priesthood keys. It was awesome. He talked about the power of fasting and how when we fast we are able to put of the natural man, not giving him anything he wants, food or drink. The best way I can describe this is as self-control. When we exercise self-control in any way, we show our Heavenly Father that we are trying to be spiritually minded and see the whole picture instead of the short term carnal mind. What a blessing it is that we have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. That we know why we are here and where we are going and where we came from (our divine heritage), so that we can always have that eternal perspective instead of the limited perspective that we often have. I know that fasting is important. Also he talked about how important Priesthood Keys are. I want to add my testimony as well. My mission president it awesome!! I know he has been called of God to this work and to lead this mission. I know he receives revelation about what this mission needs.
 
There is definitely a lot of work to be done here in Page Arizona. I just need to put my hand to the plow and keep on keeping on. After all is said and done, it is most important to preach the Gospel.
 
Have a great week! Enjoy the family and keep on reading and praying! Talk to ya next week!
Elder Krstyen

No comments:

Post a Comment