Monday, April 29, 2013

New companion 4/29/2013

Hey Family!
 
How's it going? Things are going pretty well in Pagosa Springs. We made it through all the crazy transfers and we have somewhat settled in. Taking over the area has been quite the experience but it has definitely been good. Zip lining was sweet! It was a ton of fun. Brandon is going to be such a great missionary. His friendship changed my life a lot. I am glad hear that his farewell went so well. I am glad to hear finals and school is going well. As of right now I don't know any of the details for calling on mothers day, but as soon as I find out I'll let you know. I am a little sad to see Elder Soper go but I know he will do well down in flag! My mtc companion Elder Fonnebeck is actually in his district as well.
 My new companion is Elder Blakely and he is from washington dc! He is a goof and a pretty funny guy. He is a good man and a great missionary. He likes to work out a lot so we have been going to the highschool each morning and using the gym to exercise. He only has two transfers left on his mission so he definitely knows a lot about the work so I am excited to learn from him.
  About 3 or so weeks ago we were tracting and we tracted this house and the people rejected us almost immediately. We went on tracting and eventually as we finished and walked back to the truck we passed that house again and there was an older lady who was working outside of her house on her yard. We offered to help her and she wouldn't let us in our suits, but we gave her our phone number and she said she would call us so we could come and help her with the yard work on her house sometime. Fast forward to this past week. We decided to go by and offer again. Her and her husband let us come in and talked to us for a little bit. We found out they were originally from Germany but had moved here. She offered us pizza, and then asked us if we were talking to a lot of people. We said yes and then she said with her awesome german accent, "Well don't talk to us, just eat pizza." It was pretty funny. Planting seeds, planting seeds :). Hopefully someday they will be open to the message the we share. From this experience my testimony of service and charity has definitely grown. We didn't even do any service but just offering, just being willing to act softens peoples hearts so they will speak to us. I hope she calls so we can go do some good service for her and her husband.
  I am grateful for this gospel and for missionary work. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior. And family, I love you and I hope everything is going well for you! 
 
Love Elder Krstyen 



No comments:

Post a Comment