Monday, April 8, 2013

General Conference 4/8/2013


Hey family!
 
How's it going? Did you all watch conference? If you didn't watch all of it you should because it is amazing. I love hearing the words of latter-day prophets, seers, and revelators speak to us. We got an email today from President Batt about how they are going to change the whole Flagstaff Stake and Zone and move it over to the Arizone Phoenix mission. This is a huge announcement. This means that lots of missionaries from our mission will be sent over to the Arizona Phoenix mission. Haha so I guess I have a chance of being in that mission as well. I have a feeling that I will probably stay in this mission though, but we will find out about that on April 22 after the next transfer. We will see what happens :). This week we were able to go do some service at Loaves and Fishes which is held at another church in town. Every thursday they make free lunch for anyone who wants to come. I love service and it was a great experience. We got to meet some new people as well which was good. Also that same day we were able to meet with a less active family. They have a priest age son who hasn't been active for a long time. Last week we asked his mother if he would want to go out with us and then we talked to him this past thursday. He told us that before all this happened he had prayed and asked Heavenly Father what more he could do to protect his home from the adversary and keep the Spirit more there. He said that this opportunity to go out with us was an answer to his prayers. He is an awesome young man and we hope this experience will help him to "draw closer to Heavenly Father so He can draw closer to him."
 
General Conference was awesome!! I feel like I have learned a lot and now I just need to apply it all. We were able to watch every session of conference in full. It was a great experience. Watching priesthood session without Grandpa was different but I am glad we still both had the opportunity to watch it. What were your favorite talks from General Conference? I liked a lot of them. A lot of the main themes were family, marriage, chastity and virtue, obedience, family, Priesthood, family, and missionary work. Hmmm I think I saw a definite trend there haha. I love you family. Back home I wasn't always the most involved or loving son or brother in our family, and I apologize for that. I am sorry for the times I didn't help when I should have, but I have learned my lesson. Family is one of the most important parts of life to the Lord and families are meant to be eternal. Most of the greatest work any of us will ever do is by blessing the lives of those within the walls of our own home. I loved Elder Packers talk Saturday Morning. Haha I loved all of the talks. I can't pick favorites, but let me add my testimony to President Monsons when he talked about obedience. Obedience leads to the Spirit and blessing from on high. 
 
I love this Gospel and I love Jesus Christ. D&C 6:20. The Lord knows us personally by name just like He knew Oliver, and He knows the desires of our hearts. He knows what we feel and what we need. This is what He tells us: to treasure up these words in our hearts. "Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God." If we are obedient and diligently keep the commandments then this is the promise that He will "encircle us in the arms of His love." That is one of the most beautiful blessings that I have ever heard.
I promise that this is a blessing we can all recieve.
 
I love you family! I hope things are going great! Best of luck with the water line and school and work back home.
 
            Love Elder Krstyen

No comments:

Post a Comment