Monday, March 4, 2013

Warm & Muddy in Pagosa Springs 3/4/2013

Hey Family!!

How's it going? Things are going pretty well out here. It's been really warm and super muddy this last week. It's also been a pretty interesting week. I have had super embarrassing experiences and spiritual experiences this week. This week we had an one of the zone leaders came with us on an exchange. His name is Elder Ott and he is one stud of a missionary. He is great at everything he does and he works hard and he is a good example. This week the work was a little harder than usual, but it was still pretty good. 

Let me tell you about about one family down here that I love sooooo much. On wednesday we went to visit the Willinghams. They are older, probably 60s or 70s, and they are some of the most Christlike people I have ever met. I can remember the first time we went over there. Sister Willingham always feeds us until we are stuffed haha, and then we have a lesson with her husband Brother Willingham who is the investigator we are teaching. Sister Willingham sometimes slightly listens in to what we have to say. I guess in the past she would always say, "I am Catholic, and I'll always be Catholic." The first night we went there and I was meeting her she said, "I am Catholic but that doesn't mean I'm not going to change." That was an amazing moment. We have been teaching them ever since the first week. Brother Willingham has been taught all the lessons in the past but not too many missionaries in the past invited him to make commitments, which are an essential part of missionary work. He has never actually been to church, I guess the last missionaries that asked got shut down. Finally this week we extended the invitation to him to come to church and he gladly accepted, and his wife said she would come to church :). These little things are how I see the hand of the Lord in my life everyday. Sunday went pretty well, we had three investigators at church. It was a little stressful because sometimes in sunday school people get a little off track and start talking about Lesson 6 material aka deep doctrine aka kolob and other stuff that isn't as important as the basics of the Gospel for an investigator. Everything seemed to turn out fine though. I seem to learn more and more everyday that in this Gospel the basic and simple things are often what matter most. It all begins with the first principle of the Gospel, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Faith causes us to act. In fact faith should always lead to action, to lead us to do what is right. 

Yesterday we did some good old tracting in the muddied streets. Unfortunately we didn't find any new investigators but we sure planted some seeds. 

I love this work, even though sometimes it is the hardest thing I have ever done. 

I love you family sooo much.  I hope things are going great for you. I'm not sure what to write about more so feel free to ask me lots of questions and I'll try to answer all of them. :) 

          Much Love,     Elder Scott Krstyen
Scott and his Skyline Soccer buddy Taylor at the MTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment