Monday, March 11, 2013

Transfers 3/11/2013

Hola family,

This week has been a pretty crazy one. Alright, so actually out of no where I am getting transfered. My new area will be .... Pagosa Springs. Haha yep I am staying with Elder Soper in the same spot. No surprise there. Transfers went well though. My district leader who is also from Utah is now my zone leader. I know Patricks cousin was coming out in this transfer, though I am not exactly sure what his name is, but it should be exciting! Friday night I decided to use my comps haircutting kit and give my self a new sharp looking haircut. Haha let's just say it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. Luckily I fixed it up a little saturday night so it looks alright. Let's just say it was a good learning experience :). Hmmm let's see. Yep, I have gained a good amount of weight since my mission started, at least 10 to 15 pounds haha. We got a whole lot of snow this week in Pagosa so we did a whole lot of shoveling. Thanks goodness that I have about 19 years of hard shoveling practice because dad always put me to work at home haha. Charity is the best thing ever. Charity is the pure love of Christ. And there is a reason why it is. Charity changes minds and it changes hearts; I have definitely seen that on my mission. I just want to say.. Christian music is the best. I seriously love it so much and often it brings the Spirit so strongly. 

One day this week when we were leaving our apartment we drove past these to young men walking down the street and we recognized that one of them had been at church the first week I was here. We drove past them and got to the end of the road and we both decided we needed to go back. We talked to the young man and he was way excited to see us. We talked about his experience at church and we invited him to learn more and he accepted. I know that if he keeps his commitments, that he will know the truth of our message, as I know with all people we teach. 

We got a referral for a great family down here. They are seriously some of the most awesome people I have ever met. The first thing he said to us was basically, you have the smallest chance of ever converting me, but I am glad to talk. We talked about what he believes. He repeated again, you have the smallest chance of ever getting me to believe what you teach, but I am glad to listen. We explained how we ask our investigators to read and ponder and pray about the Book of Mormon and how the Holy Spirit testifies of truth. As missionaries we never tell or force people to believe what we have to teach. But we invite them to pray about the things we teach. Because when you feel the Holy Spirit and it tells you something is true in your heart, that is knowledge that is a lot greater than any knowledge I could ever teach anyone. When the Holy Ghost tells you something is true, that is a testimony. And you know it, and there is no denying it. Well family I will tell you something I know. I know Jesus Christ lives and that He is the Savior of all mankind. That whosoever will just believe in Him and follow Him can have everlasting life. He isn't just some person that was a really great person a long time ago in stories, but He is literally our Lord and our Redeemer. He literally loves each and every person and knows them perfectly, and wants to help them. We don't have to try to live this life alone. We never have to. It seems like so many people forget that. But this is a great truth, that the light of the Atonement of Jesus Christ can cast out all darkness. It can change everything. All it requires is faith in Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and then enduring to the end. 

Read the scriptures and pray and apply the Gospel of Jesus Christ in your life each day. It will make a difference. I love you family so much. 

                      Elder Scott Krstyen

No comments:

Post a Comment