Saturday, February 2, 2013

Last Email in the MTC! 2/2/2013

Hello Family!!!

How's it going?? I hope it is going well! Things are going great here. I've been getting your dear elders and that has been working really well. I tried to attach pictures to this but I can't here, but I'll be able to in the field. It's been a wonderful week! Hard but great! The people I saw this week included brooks jeppson who is in my zone and I taught him. I also saw spencer hanson from soccer and got a picture with him. I see taylor combs and ammon ashton daily and I have seen shaun johnson and the leathems a ton. I also recognize a ton of people from byu here as well. Hmmm this is pretty crazy! I can't believe I'm already leaving the mtc on monday. On monday we have to report to the travel office at 4:00 am and then our flight leaves to denver at 7:30: to about 9 and then we have an hour layover and our next flight from denver to durango is from about 10 to 11 or so. So i'll either be calling before 7:30 or during the layover from9 to 10 or both. We'll see how things go :). We had some interesting things happen this week. The elder who broke his arm has an infection in his ankle and had to go to the er this week so he is pretty wore out. He has to stay here two more weeks so he isn't super excited about that. He is happy though and we have been able to give him a couple priesthood blessing which has helped him a ton! Priesthood power is so real and powerful. My testimony of the savior has grown this week. I know Jesus Christ suffered for the sins of the world and made a way for me, though weak, to be able to return to Him and my Heavenly Father. My testimony has grown so much since I've been here. It's amazing the changes that occur when you are at the Lords work!! I am soooo weak and not a good teacher at all but when you teach with the Spirit and work by his power with your faith, there can be miracles. Faith leads to actions which leads to miracles. If fact, miracles are literally the natural result of the correct applicatuion of true principles. 
I hope all of you are doing alright and I love you all so much. I love the letters and hearing about all of you. Mom I got the package, thanks for everything in it. I just want to tell my friends how much I care about them too. I hope they are doing well. I'll be honest missionary work is hard. Sometimes I get sooo discouraged but I know that this is where I need to be. I know the Lord can make a lot more out of me than I ever could. John 3:16. That's how much He loves us. That's how much He cares. And that is why this work is so important!! Every person matters and every one needs to know who they are and why they are here and where we are going, so Missionaries share that with love. I am excited to go out into the field! I'm nervous too but i'm ready for it! Wish me luck. I'll be sending those pictures once I get in the field. One of the best things about the mtc is the devotionals. The speakers are so powerful. This mission isn't about me. It's really not, but it's about those people I'm going out to serve, and I pray everyday that I will be ready when the Lord needs me to help someone. I love you family, soooooo much. I pray for you all each day and I really hope things are well for you. Stay close to Heavenly Father! :) Best of wishes till next week!!
                 Elder Scotty Lewis Krstyen

No comments:

Post a Comment