Saturday, January 26, 2013

First Email 1/19/2013


Hello Family,
 
How is everything going?? I hope things are all going well back at home. I love all of you each very much. Things are going pretty well. The first day was crazy!!! After I got out of the car I was rushed through a whole lot of stuff and then I met my companion. My companions name is Elder Fonnesbeck and he is from Rigby, Idaho. He is one awesome Elder. He played football back home and also did rodeo, tying up animals and what not. Most importantly he is here to serve and is an inspiration to me of how to be a dedicated missionary. I think the biggest change being here from home is the lifestyle. We literally have something planned for every hour of everyday and it is one thing after another and oddly enough I love it. I feel like I have grown a lot since I came and its only been four days. The first night was pretty rough, and same with the second and only a little with the third. It's been hard to fall asleep right close to 10:30. The first night I lied awake and tried to take everything in for a long time. But to be honest besides all this, I love being here. It's soooo hard at times, but I know I'm supposed to be here. Now to tell you about my district, there are 8 Elders and 4 Sisters in my district. All the Elders are going to New Mexico Farmington and 3 of the sisters are going to Omaha, Nebraska and one to temple square. (Sorry if I'm jumping around I'm trying to type fast) I love our district a lot. We are district 59E. The second day we all bonded together and it made this experience so much more wonderful. We are comfortable in class now and can share our honest thoughts and feeling with one another. Two nights ago we met our branch president, President Stice. He wants us to be exceptional missionaries, and when he says that he means it. He is pretty strict with the Elders because he wants us to be the best we can be. But you can tell that he cares so much about each and everyone of the Elders  Also two nights ago he asked me to be district leader! I was astonished and overwhelmed and excited all at the same time. I accepted. That night I felt humbled. I was so overwhelmed and worried about each and everything little thing, but I prayed a lot about it and I really felt my faith increase. The Lord qualifies those who he calls, I find comfort in that statement. I love our residence hall a lot too. Also one of the Elders got sick so I traded with his companion and took him to the doctor. Luckily, he is feeling better today! We taught our first investigator yesterday, his name was Shane. We had a plan and we tried to follow it, but needless to say he was a hard investigator and it didn't go very well. That was truly a humbling experience that taught me a lot about teaching others. We teach people, not lessons. We teach shane again next week and we are excited to see if we can improve! But overall everything has been going great.
 Honestly the MTC has been getting better everyday that I've been here. The food is really good. I was very, very, very, very excited to see Elder Healey at lunch!! It was the biggest blessing to see him. He is such a good example in everything that he does. I've also seen several others that I know from school and soccer. I'm sorry I don't have pictures yet, but I promise there will be many next week :) ! I love all of you and I'm doing well. Best of wishes to everyone in the family. I feel like I have learned more in these four days than I did in months before my mission. We have a Father in Heaven who loves us each so much, and that is why I am here to help other know that. If you have anything you want me to talk about just email me and let me know, and I'd be happy to answer them. Stay close to Heavenly Father and focus on the Doctrine of Christ (2nd Nephi 31). Love you all mom dad sarah mark jenn and aiden.     

No comments:

Post a Comment