Saturday, January 26, 2013

Email Number Two 1/26/2013


Hey family!!
 
Happy late birthday dad!!! Sorry that's its so late but I love and care about you a ton and I hope that you really enjoyed your birthday! From what you said about it, it sounded awesome!
 
Thanks for all the emails and all the support! I recieved the emails from everyone and please let me know if you are all getting these emails. Please remind what marks email is as well :). Well this week has flown by! Its been another crazy week at the mtc! Last sunday was amazing! We have an awesome branch president who cares so much about everyone. I'm thankful to have him! Wow, they don't give us very long to email haha. Alright, so Elder Fonnesbeck and I wer able to do more teaching this week. It was such an awesome experience! We did a lot better with shane and lindsay and did well with a lot of our other investigators. We have started to learn to teach people not lessons. It's amazing to see how the Lord works in our lives as we strive to have the Spirit and listen to its promptings!
           Let me tell you all about the craziest day this week. So there was another outbreak of the flu at the mtc and guess who was the lucky winner?? This Elder haha. Wednesday night I woke up at 1 and started throwing up and needless to say the night went terribly,(but before that I had been sleeping really well all throughout the week) and the next day I was just exausted and tired. I was blessed that my companion was able to give me a blessing at 3:30 in the morning. It really made me feel better and get better. So then thursday, so many crazy things happened to our district. One Elder Sobczek fell and landed on his arm because it was so icy, so I took him to urgent care at byu and he got an x-ray after a couple hours and found out he broke his arm, he was really sad about it. I was just exhausted but blessed. We then went back and I just slept for the rest of the day and drank sprite and ate saltines. But another sister in our district got sick, both our teachers got sick, another sister sprained her thumb and got an extra and found out she had another bone in her thumb. I guess apparentaly at some point there was only 4 people in class. That was the refiners fire for our district. It was literally the craziest day so far. Luckily I have an awesome companion who helped me get back to health and now I am back at full health feeling great!! (There's no need to worry about me mom :) i am fine) I guess now i get the full mtc experience by getting sick!
          The letter you recieved from me on thursday, I sent it last saturday! So it must have just taken a long time to get there. I'll try to write more often! Thank you all for the letters they mean so much to me. Thanks for the dear elders mom, they have been working and I'm very grateful for them! And also, thanks for the package!! It's wonderful to have a couple treats around here since dinner time is so early.
          Elder Fonnesbeck and I have been blessed by the Lord in so many ways since we have been here. Our companionship has been strengthened along with mour district by the trials put before us. Tell riley and osy I say best of luck and that I know all will go well for them! I'll send the scripture I want in my letter, so be expecting it! It might not come until wednesday so we'll see what happens. Tell grandma and grandpa thanks for the letter as well. Family as always I love all of you a lot. Honestly, the hardest thing about getting the stomach flu was simply that it was the first time I really felt homesick. But it was a very strengthening experience. I'm doing well and i love it! I'm trying to be an exceptional missionary. I wish I could write more but the time is so short haha. But this is the Lord's time and I know what he wants me to do. My heart is in the work. Keep reading and saying your prayers because honestly that makes all the difference, just those little things. The Gospel is simple and its for anyone and everyone! Love you family!!!                  Elder Krstyen 

No comments:

Post a Comment